Last Updated: October 1, 2015
In the following policy the term ‘merchant’ is used to refer to a person or business that is seeking credit card processing or merchant services. The term ‘provider’ is used to refer to a person or business that provides credit card processing or merchant services.
What this Policy Covers
- This policy covers how CardFellow collects, stores, uses and protects your personal information. We collect personal information when you open an account. “Personal Information” may include, without limitation, your name, address, phone numbers, emails, IP addresses and other such internet information, financial information, such as, but not limited to, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers and other tax identification numbers.
- Before CardFellow.com permits you to use our services, we may require you to provide additional information to verify your identity or manage risk, such as date of birth, social security numbers, or other government identifiable information.
- We may collect information pertaining to certain transaction conducted when you use our services and we may collect information about your computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes.
- We may also collect information about you in other ways not specifically described herein. As set forth below, CardFellow may collect your responses to contests and surveys as they relate to our services.
The Information We Collect.
- To use the services that CardFellow.com provides, users must first complete the registration process and create a user name and password. This is the most obvious information that we collect, the information you give us when you fill out forms on our website. Typically, this information will include your contact information such as your email address, name, address, etc. We may ask for demographic information so we can share opportunities or offers that are more personalized to you. During registration you are required to give valid and verifiable information.
- Log Files
As is true of most websites, CardFellow.com gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. In addition to your email address and username, you have an Internet Protocol (IP) address that consists of a series of numbers,, as well as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- CardFellow.com uses this information for internal purposes only to track and analyze trends, to collect statistics, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site, to know where our traffic is coming from, and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link or tie the IP addresses to your personal information. As a result, we will not know whose IP address is who’s when tracking this information.
- We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
- We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site and to secure your account. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s ‘help’ file.
- We set a persistent cookie to store your username and password so you don’t have to enter it each time you return to CardFellow.com, unless you clear and delete cookies on your computer.
- If you reject cookies, you will not be able to use CardFellow.com. We require that your browser accept cookies to facilitate security features that we employ to protect your account.
- We automatically receive information from your computer and browser such as your IP address and referring source.
How your personal information will be used.
- We use your disclosed personal information to facilitate the fulfillment of products and/or services, customize your experience, improve our services, contact you, conduct research and provide clients and affiliates with anonymous reporting.
- In accordance with the services that we offer, you duly authorize CardFellow.com to disclose your “personal information” (as defined above) to the provider whose processing solution you accept in your sole discretion. If you choose not to accept a processing solution, your personal information will not be released to any providers.
Surveys or Contests
Occasionally, we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, we will associate the answers that you provide with your account. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. You can decline to participate in any contest or survey. Typically, we may tell you how we will use the information you provide in response to these contests and surveys.
We intend to use your responses to our contests and surveys to improve the existing products and Services that CardFellow.com offers and in research for future products and services for the benefit of our users.
Communications from the Site
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address on file with us to send you our newsletter. You may opt-out of our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the newsletters themselves.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we will send you an email notification.
We highly recommend that you do not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. However, if you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email notification.
Based upon the personal information that you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your instructions.
We store information that we obtain through cookies, log files, and forms to create a ‘profile’ of your preferences. We tie your personal information to information in your profile in order to provide enhanced service and to improve your user experience.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
We may share your personal information with service providers under contract with CardFellow.com who assist and help with part of our business operations (i.e., fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contractual arrangements with these third party entities limit their use of any personal information in connection with the services they perform for CardFellow.com and not for their own benefit. Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law. Law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties when (1) we are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order or similar legal procedures, (2) we need to do so to comply with law, (3) we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of any agreements executed with CardFellow.com. We may disclose any personal information with your consent or direction to do so.
Aggregate Information (non-personal information)
We share aggregated information about our user database with our partners and affiliates. This information does not identify individual users. Information such as referring sources, general geographic information and IP address are shared with affiliates that send traffic to CardFellow.com.
We do not link aggregate user data with personal information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
For CardFellow services from which you can ‘opt-out’, we provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ when we ask for this information. For CardFellow.com services from which you cannot ‘opt-out’, you can have your information removed by canceling your CardFellow.com account. You agree that under no circumstance will CardFellow.com be liable in any respect for the disclosure, whether direct or indirect, by any means whatsoever of your personal information to unauthorized third parties.
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
You may be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you may make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party. Under no circumstances will CardFellow.com be liable in any respect for failing to notify you that an unauthorized third party has received your personal information.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
CardFellow.com employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personal information.
CardFellow.com use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see ‘Choice and Opt-out.’
CardFellow.com reserves the right to change, alter, and/or modify any and all software technology used in operating its website and perform all services associated therewith at any time in in CardFellow.com’s sole discretion.
Third Party Email Marketing
Links to Other Sites
CardFellow contains links to other sites that we do not own or control. Please be aware that CardFellow is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personal information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
Access to Personal Information
If your personal information changes, you may correct or update it by making the appropriate changes within your account.
To cancel or deactivate your CardFellow account contact admin (at) cardfellow.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as your name and address on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, follow this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event CardFellow goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and a prominent notice will be posted on the welcome page of your CardFellow control panel 30 days prior to any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.