Interchange rate & fee: 1.54% + $0.10
Also known as:
CPS Restaurant is the Visa interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange cost for card-present transactions that take place at a restaurant, including fast food businesses.
The CPS Restaurant interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is present at the time of the transaction
- Cardholder’s signature is obtained if the transaction is greater than $25
- The card is swiped (magnetic strip cards) or dipped (EMV chip cards)
- The transaction is settled within 48 hours
- The transaction meets enhanced clearing data requirements
- The business’s MCC is either 5812 (eating places/restaurants) or 5814 (fast food restaurants)
Typical bundled qualification:
The CPS Restaurant interchange category is often considered “qualified” by processors for transactions processed by both card-present and card-not present businesses.