Interchange rate & fee: 1.22% + $0.05
Also known as:
CPS Supermarket is an interchange category used to determine the fee for Visa cards used at grocery stores when the card is present and a customer’s signature is obtained.
The CPS Supermarket interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is present for the transaction and entire magnetic strip contents or chip data is included in the authorization request
- The customer’s signature is obtained
- The transaction date is within one day of the authorization date
- Settlement is within 2 days from the transaction date (excludes Sundays and holidays)
- The transaction meets enhanced data clearing requirements
- The business is classes with a valid merchant category code (MCC)
Eligible Merchant Category Codes:
The CPS Supermarket interchange category only applies to one MCC: 5411 (Grocery Stores/Supermarkets)
Typical bundled qualification:
Although qualifications for transactions vary, many processors class the CPS Supermarket interchange category as “qualified” for transactions processed by card-present and card-not-present businesses.