Visa Signature Preferred Card Not Present
Interchange rate & fee: 2.40% + $0.10
Also known as:
Signature Preferred Card Not Present or CNP is a Visa interchange category used to determine the fee for transactions that take place with the credit card not present at businesses other than travel services.
The Signature Preferred CNP interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The business and acquirer are both US-based
- The transaction qualifies for one of the following CPS programs: Card Not Present, E-Commerce Basic, E-Commerce Preferred, CPS Retail 2, or CPS Account Funding
- The transaction is settled within 3 days of the transaction date (excluding Sundays and holidays)
- The transaction meets enhanced data requirements
- The business’ merchant category code must not be a travel service MCC (excludes MCC 8398 – charities)
Typical bundled qualification:
Although qualifications for transactions vary, many processors class the Signature Preferred CNP interchange category as “non-qualified” for transactions processed by card-present and card-not-present businesses.