Visa Signature Preferred Retail
Interchange rate & fee: 2.10% + $0.10
Also known as:
Signature Preferred Retail is the Visa interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-present transactions involving a credit card that produces rewards for the cardholder.
The Signature Preferred Retail interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The business Merchant Category Code (MCC) is a non-travel service
- The card is used at a U.S.-based business with a U.S. acquirer
- The transaction qualifies for one of the following Visa CPS programs: Retail, Supermarket, Retail Key Entry, Small Ticket
- The transaction meets enhanced clearing data requirements
- Transaction settlement occurs within 72 hours
Typical bundled qualification:
Although qualifications for transactions vary, many processors class the Signature Preferred – Retail interchange category as “non-qualified” for transactions processed by card-present and card-not present businesses.