Visa’s Business Card Level II (US COMM L2) is an interchange category used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions made with a business credit card.
The Business Card Level II (US COMM L2) is an interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a business credit card instead of a consumer credit card.
Interchange rate & fee: 2.05% + $0.10
Also known as:
US COMM L2
The Business Card Level II interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is not present (or is keyed in) at the time of purchase
- The transaction takes place at a US-based merchant with a US acquirer
- The transaction is CPS qualified
- Enhanced clearing data must be provided
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) cannot be a travel service
- Transaction must be settled within three days of the original transaction date
Typical bundled qualification
Qualifications for transactions vary, but many processors consider the Business Card Level II transactions to be qualified for card-not-present businesses and mid-qualified for card-present businesses.