The Business Card Level II (US COMM L2) is an interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a business credit card instead of a consumer credit card. This interchange category has several rates associated, depending on the ” spend tier” associated.
Interchange rate & fee
Spend tier I: 1.90% + $0.10
Spend tier II: 2.05% + $0.10
Spend tier III: 2.10% + $0.10
Spend tier IV: 2.20% + $0.10
Spend tier V: 2.25% + $0.10
The interchange table does not list the corresponding dollar amounts for each tier, but Visa’s other tiers (such as for supermarkets) typically go from largest volume at tier 0 or 1 to the smallest volume at tiers 4 or 5.
Also known as:
US COMM L2
The Business Card Level II interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is not present (or is keyed in) at the time of purchase
- The transaction takes place at a US-based merchant with a US acquirer
- The transaction is CPS qualified
- Enhanced clearing data must be provided
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) cannot be a travel service
- Transaction must be settled within three days of the original transaction date
Typical bundled qualification
Qualifications for transactions vary, but many processors consider the Business Card Level II transactions to be qualified for card-not-present businesses and mid-qualified for card-present businesses.