Purchasing Card Level II is a Visa interchange category used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a purchasing card.
Rate & fee: 2.50% + $0.10
Also known as:
US COMM L2 P
Purchasing Card Level II (US COMM L2 P) is an interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a purchasing card instead of a consumer credit card.
The Purchasing Card Level II interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is not present (or is keyed in) at the time of purchase
- The transaction takes place at a US-based merchant with a US acquirer
- The transaction is CPS qualified
- Enhanced clearing data must be provided
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) cannot be a travel service
- Transaction must be settled within three days of the original transaction date
Typical bundled qualification
Qualifications for transactions vary, but many processors consider the Purchasing Card Level II transactions to be qualified for card-not-present businesses and mid-qualified for card-present businesses.