Visa’s Purchasing Card-Not-Present is an interchange category. It refers to payments made using a commercial purchasing card when the card is not swiped.
Interchange rate & fee: 2.65% + $0.10
Also known as:
COMM CNP P
The Commercial Purchasing Card – Card Not Present (or COMM CNP P) is an interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a commercial purchasing card instead of a consumer credit card. The transaction takes place by phone or mail. This category may also apply if a card is not swiped.
The Purchasing Card – Card Not Present interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is not present (or not swiped) at the time of purchase
- The card is used for a non-travel payment
- The transaction takes place at a US-based merchant with a US acquirer
- The transaction qualifies for one of the following Visa programs: CPS Card Not Present, CPS E-Commerce Basic or E-Commerce Preferred, CPS Retail/2, or CPS Account Funding
- Level II data requirements aren’t met (missing data or failed edits)
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) cannot be a travel service
Typical bundled qualification
Although qualifications for transactions vary, many processors class the Purchasing Card Not Present interchange category as non-qualified for all business types.