The Business Card Not Present (or COMM CNP B) is a Visa interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions made with a business credit card instead of a consumer credit card.
Interchange rate & fee: 2.25% + $0.10
Also known as:
COMM CNP B
The Business Card – Card Not Present (or COMM CNP B) is an interchange category that is used to calculate the interchange fee for card-not-present transactions involving a payment made with a business credit card instead of a consumer credit card. The transaction takes place by phone or mail. This category may also apply if a card is not swiped.
The Business – Card Not Present interchange category will apply under the following conditions:
- The card is not present (or not swiped) at the time of purchase
- The card is used for a non-travel payment
- The transaction takes place at a US-based merchant with a US acquirer
- The transaction qualifies for one of the following Visa programs: CPS Card Not Present, CPS E-Commerce Basic or E-Commerce Preferred, CPS Retail/2, or CPS Account Funding
- Level II data requirements aren’t met (missing data or failed edits)
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) cannot be a travel service
Typical bundled qualification
Although qualifications for transactions vary, many processors class the Business Card Not Present interchange category as non-qualified for all business types.